Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sundays at Our House

I love Sundays... the smell of Alex's perfect pot roast, taking Dodge (our boxer puppy) for walks around the neighborhood, an afternoon sports game (football season is our favorite), and of course-going to church!

I have always loved Sundays & I owe it to my Mom. There was always a special feeling in our home on Sundays. I would wake up to the sound of church music playing, my mom would be in the kitchen getting the afternoon roast in the oven, and I remember the Spirit always feeling especially close on Sundays.

Alex has his own family "Sunday traditions" too! Every Sunday, growing up, they would attend church together and when they would get home, he and his 2 brothers would have Sunday dinner assignments. Alex's family has a huge garden out back, so the boys would be in charge of picking potatoes and vegetables from the garden. It's cool because on Sundays, the men cook and clean up the meals. It can't get any better than that! They like to play games together and eat lots of dessert.

We like to combine our family traditions in our home and create a few new ones along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment