Friday, October 2, 2009

Pumpkins 'n' Bread

You know the fall is finally here when you're bundling up in your sweatshirts and boots & heading to your local pumpkin patch! Alex and I took our nieces, sister, and brother-in-law to a favorite pumpkin patch where there is a giant hay slide, a pool or corn kernels that the kids can dig around in to look for candy, and a giant corn maze that's pretty easy to find your way through, no matter what age. We had an absolute blast!! ( I'm sorry that I don't have a picture of Alex for this post- somebody has to take the picture :). We had such a great time, and it was so much fun to see our nieces get so excited. We were kind of disappointed to find out they had run out of hot chocolate because you can't go through a corn maze & be in your sweatshirts without ending the night with a cup of hot cocoa :).

I am also so proud to present my very first loaf of HOMEMADE bread! We had a very chilly day earlier this week, so I made a homemade chili that slow-cooked for 6 hours, and topped it off with...get ready for it... 6 loaves of homemade bread. That's right-I misread the recipe serving size and thought I was making a single loaf of bread, but it actually called for 6 loaves. So, we surprised family with a hot loaf of bread and I happy to say they all loved it :)















No comments:

Post a Comment