



We finally got to celebrate Mother's Day this year and it was all I could have imagined and more! I woke up to Lucas's morning feeding cries as the sun was coming up & I couldn't have been more grateful. As I tip-toed into his room in hopes to hear his sweet voice babbling to himself, I slowly peered over the edge of his crib and saw that adorable smile that just melts my heart. His legs started running a million miles an hour as he knew my presence meant bottle time! This specific morning was extra special so I wanted to take the day slow and enjoy every moment of it. I picked him up and just hugged him, rocking back and forth, as tears immediately (and uncontrollably might I add) began streaming down my cheeks. My heart was so full of love that I thought it might burst! I cannot imagine for a moment what my life would be like today without Lucas. How blessed and privileged I feel to be his earthly mother, and how thankful I am to the Savior for allowing me to do so. My heart is also especially full for his birth mother, Lacy. Because of her valiant spirit, and because of her incredible testimony, courage, and sacrifice, Lucas was able to find his way to our home. We love you Lacy and are sending you Mother's Day wishes today.
Lucas is really growing big! He weighed in at 17 pounds and measured 26 inches long at his 4-month appointment. As seen in the pictures above, he's growing healthy and strong!
He has started giggling and laughing this past week, especially when playing with Dad. The video above gives you a small peek.
oh yay i am so glad to see you guys got a baby :)hope your mothers day was awesome you deserve it!
ReplyDelete