Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!






Happy Father's Day honey!


Yesterday was another very special Father's Day for our family because we get to celebrate being parents to an incredibly wonderful and special little boy :) Alex heard Lucas talking in his crib & couldn't wait to be the first to get him out. I layed in bed just listening to the two of them downstairs, talking & playing, and felt so grateful for the amazing person and example that Alex will be to Lucas now and over the years to come. We got to visit with both Grandpa's yesterday too, and watch them enjoy this Father's Day with their son and grandson. Alex and I have learned, now being parents ourselves, what a tremendous and profound responsibility and blessing it is to raise children. We have also learned that the extra-special times are found in the little things & little moments. It brings smiles to our faces every time we see Lucas learn something new & then see the pride immediately spread across his face! Every little hug & kiss, every time he reaches out to us when he's unsure or scared, every new step he takes as 'big boy' now- all are so special and are times we treasure.


I am so grateful and so proud of the way Alex has lived his life; I am so thankful that he served a mission; and I'm so thankful for the unconditional love he has for everyone, including myself and Lucas :) Happy Father's Day Al- thank you for being so incredible. We love you!


















































































No comments:

Post a Comment