I'd like to start out by saying how truly grateful I am for my Savior, our Savior. I can truly testify to His mercy & His love for each and every one of us. I know how crazy this may sound, but I'm especially thankful for my trials; whether private or public. I say this because during those moments, I feel my Savior's love and His support especially close.
Today brought with it a bittersweet moment, one that I have felt many times before and know will continue to be a challenge for me. A co-worker and friend of mine has been trying to get pregnant for the last 8 months or so. She came into work today announcing that she just found out she was expecting! I'm immediately overcome with a mixture of feelings in those first few seconds. I am so happy, sincerely happy for my friend; but I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard at the same time. I immediately turn to my Heavenly Father for comfort and help; I don't turn to Him for an explanation or to ask "Why not me?" (at least not anymore :) . I turn to Him because He knows better than I; because He knows how I am feeling; and because He has a plan for Alex and myself. "Faith in God includes faith in His timing."
My mom has always taught me that the best way to get over the blues, is to get out there and serve someone else!
This friend of mine is just that-a friend and one who deserves all the happiness that pregnancy brings!
I had a fun idea come to mind so I ran to the store and picked up a few pregnancy essentials: prenatals, baby magazines & catalogs, and some munchies. Hope she enjoys it!
For any birth mother reading this now, I want you to know how excited I am for each one of you!



Feeling your pain. Feeling her happiness. And remembering that these experiences will aid you in understanding someone else, someday. " . . . know . . . that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." D&C 122:7
ReplyDelete