
We can't believe our little Lucas is 6 months old and going strong! Just the other day my Mom had him riding in the front seat of a shopping cart and I didn't know if I wanted to smile because I felt so proud or cry because I realized how fast these first 6 months have already gone :) It's something new every day with him. He is constantly babbling and jabbering away & has had some of the cutest squeals and giggles coming out. He is loving mashed up bananas and peaches, and especially enjoys the occasional strawberry popsicle with Dad. We recently took him in for his 6 month check up, and as you can see in the pic above, he's not starvin' :) He weighed in at a respectable 20 lbs., 10 oz and measured 27 inches long! He's in the 90th % for babies his age & the doctor is already talking new car seats. He loves to grab on to fingers and practice his standing, rolls over constantly on the floor and his crib, and is probably going to be cutting more teeth soon because his fist is in his mouth every time I look at him and there's a puddle of drool to prove it. We love you Lucas & are happy you're so healthy and strong!
We've enjoyed spending lots of time with family this summer & feel so blessed for their efforts in coming to visit. All of us ladies went to see Eclipse together and had such a blast! I love each one of them dearly & treasure every moment we're together.
My oldest sister has a little guy whose only 5 weeks older than Lucas. These two have so much fun together. They'll share their chew toys, kiss and grab at each other's faces, and sometimes just stare at each other, looking so amused by the fact that they found another person whose the same size as them.
Another sister of mine, Danielle, has such a special way with children & seems to tap in to their minds better than most. She comes up with fun noises and songs to engage in with them, and I was sad to see her go back home this summer. She called me on the trip back home & asked me to put her on speakerphone and then put the phone next to Lucas's ear. I taped this hilarious conversation on my camera-it's so neat to see Lucas get excited to hear her voice, yet confused by where it's coming from. Take a look!
Another sister of mine, Danielle, has such a special way with children & seems to tap in to their minds better than most. She comes up with fun noises and songs to engage in with them, and I was sad to see her go back home this summer. She called me on the trip back home & asked me to put her on speakerphone and then put the phone next to Lucas's ear. I taped this hilarious conversation on my camera-it's so neat to see Lucas get excited to hear her voice, yet confused by where it's coming from. Take a look!





No comments:
Post a Comment