What a fantastically fun and enjoyable weekend! Alex, Lucas, and I went to the State Fair with some of our cousins, their kids, and our grandparents, and it was a BLAST!! We got up early & drove up to the fair. Lucas did great for the car ride and once all the family met up, we knew it was going to be a wonderful day. The sun was shining, the fair grounds were packed, and the smell of cotton candy, tiger ears (scones), and corn dogs filled the air. We walked by countless shops and vendor stands, and even entered a few prize drawings. We saw some of the biggest cows I've ever seen and also got to look at some of the most beautiful Clydesdale horses. We passed a really neat, authentic, cowboy hat stand. At first, we just had Lucas try on the cowboy hat for a picture, but as you can tell, he looked so darn cute we just had to buy it for him! He was able to wear it for most of the day because it fit so perfectly and comfortably.
I always wanted to get a caricature picture done for each of our children, so when I saw this woman's small stand for caricature drawings, I just knew we had to get one done. Lucas sat so still & good for the artist & we're so pleased with how it turned out. ( See pic below).
My cousin Claudia brought her two girls & they were so adorable and did so great all day! They had the cutest pink cowboy hats at the same stand we got Lucas's, so we knew we had to snap a picture of them in theirs. So fun!
My cousin Kory & his wife also brought their baby girl to the fair. She also did so well all day & her and Lucas looked quite the pair in their cowboy hats.

The main event (and the big reason we went to the fair on that particular day) is because they had the Indian Relay races & championship going on. They have to be THE most exciting, heart-pumping, adrenaline rush-ing thing out there to watch. I captured a quick video of one of the races and posted it below. (My camera fades out for a moment in the beginning, but then it clears up I promise lol). Lucas absolutely LOVED the races! The stands would get so loud and you could just feel the excitement in the air! So very glad we were able to go!







No comments:
Post a Comment