
We took Lucas camping for the very first time over the Labor day holiday & we're happy to report it was a huge success! He really enjoyed the outdoors and the fresh air, and especially being snuggled up all the time. It was really windy at our campsite, and the night got pretty chilly, but Lucas had lots of blankets and love to keep him warm.
Lucas loved being with all "the boys" and it was a special moment for me as a mom to see him with his dad & all his uncles-they all just love him so much!

Alex and his brothers went on a "guys' ride" on their 4-wheelers throughout the mountain. Because of the terrain and the wind blowing so hard, the guys came back packed and covered from head to toe in dirt and sand. My sister-in-law, Sara, and I were just cracking up! You could tell they really had a great time though! All the guys, along with Alex's dad Bart and some extened family, played almost an entire afternoon's worth of horseshoes. I'm proud to say-and brag- that Alex came out on top! He and his brother Ben made a great team!
Sara was heaven-sent on this camping trip! She was always so willing to help me with Lucas & he gets so excited every time he sees her. I can't tell you how many times she was able to get him to sleep/nap when I couldn't, but I am so very grateful for her & the love she has for him. Thank you Sara!!!
Trent, my bro-in-law, was also so wonderful with Lucas. In the picture below, Lucas was zonked out in Trent's arms, and I remember Alex coming over to me and saying, "Lucas is so comfortable right now that he's drooling!" Lol. I love my in-laws! We had so much with the family!



No comments:
Post a Comment